Wednesday, October 08, 2008

Qualified or Not?

I'm not a big Sarah Palin fan, to be quite honest.

It has my dad's toes curled to think that I may not vote for McCain/Palin. Nevermind that I've made it quite OBVIOUS that I will NOT (absolutely with no question) put my vote to that horrific man named Obama.

God help me if I ever choose to vote for him.

There are a lot of duplicitous opinions out there concerning Obama and McCain.

Here's an opinion I find very duplicitous.
My question is: Would any of these corporate success stories hire a similarly thin-resumed job candidate (male or female) to be their number two? To run their multi-billion dollar banking division? To launch their satellite into space? We've all interviewed the candidates who've been pushed too rapidly up the ladder, who can talk the talk but can't really walk the walk.


No, not a fan of dear Mrs. Palin and her Lipstick Campaign, but are you willing to give your number one slot in your multi-billion banking division to someone with a resume slim enough to rival that of Sarah Palin?

What good business sense have you really? Especially since your number 2 does significantly less (almost nada) in the running of your corporation while the number 1 is running the entire show...

2 comments:

Elusive Wapiti said...

I read the article that you linked; you're right, duplicity is the order of the day.

Seymour is correct...sexism still exists, even in female-centric industries like publishing and fashion. But it's not the flavor of sexism that she thinks; rather, it's pro-female sexism exercised by women themselves that gives Palin the lipstick pass. Women like Seymour may rage about it, but the Republican king-makers were right that choosing a woman would attract many women to McCain's ticket that otherwise wouldn't be there.

Seymour's sour grapes are because Palin is the wrong type of woman...i.e. not obviously politically liberal who (gasp) doesn't believe in murdering babies for personal convenience.

"It has my dad's toes curled to think that I may not vote for McCain/Palin."

I've been under a lot of pressure as well to vote for McCain as the lesser of two evils. And Palin is a big reason for it. The base isn't excited about McCain, but Palin...she seems to rally social cons in a big way that I don't quite seem to be able to grok. Particularly since she's far from the complementarian housewife that social cons used to say they idealized. Other than her pro-life views, I can find little difference between Palin and a garden-variety American feminist.

Anonymous said...

I happened to read an excerpt from Steve Moxon's book "Women's Racket"

He says that he has evidence to prove that women are 4 times more likely to be sexist that men.

Also, Dr.Mary Gabar at Pajamas media,writes that lady heads of academia hire people who are POLITICALLY CORRECT, and qualifications are useless before them.