Friday, August 06, 2010

California Ruling

Yes - I'm against gay marriage. But honestly, it doesn't bother me that much that Massachusets has it.

Yes - I'm against Homosexuality. But honestly, I don't have a problem with people who practice it.

What BOTHERS me - and has me totally confused how ANYONE could be okay with this - is that voters' choice has been rendered irrelevant. You REALLY want to live in a world where your vote is pointless?

Imagine a day and age - it is coming - where YOU are the ones being attacked by your government and the majority rules in favor of protecting you. You are okay with the precedent being set that the ruling class can take choices away from you with the drop of a hat?

Somehow, I doubt it.

1 comment:

Justin said...

I agree with every word you wrote. This was a constitutional amendment, wasn't it? How can a judge throw out the people's ability to write their own constitution?

Judicial review of law is not even a constitutional power!!! It is a usurpation and perversion of democracy.

Grrr, this is beyond aggravating. At this point, I am truly outraged.