Tuesday, February 03, 2009

Inspiration

I was reading this article and was immediately convicted...

Only its not an "Apple" Addiction - its a technology addiction.

I have been noticing lately that I've been shirking some responsibilities and old hobbies - cleaning my house, books, and sewing to name a few.

So I think its time for me to curb some of this. I think that I'll be giving up technology for Lent...with the exception of education (improving my website building, brushing up on Java or database design, and dabbling in my photography).

No internet, no video games. Goodbye Blogs and Blogging. Goodbye Zelda and Civ 4 (hubby will be crushed by that one). Hello British History, PHP, Brisingr, and, most importantly, GOD.

It will be good for me to work on time to start preparing for the upcoming arrival of the newest member of my family, as well.

So don't expect to see me much come February 25th.

2 comments:

Carrie C. said...

Whoa. That's exactly what I'm doing this year do.

Not so much "technology", but recreational internet use. Only what is necessary for work and bill paying.

Anonymous said...

You can say it: "My name is Christina, and I am a technoholic."