Tuesday, July 08, 2008

A Voice to be Heard

I would like to write.

I would like to write about what Biblical Womanhood is. I would like to write about their role as Eder Knegdo.

However, I am lacking in sympathy for a certain unsympathetic group of men and fail to be able to write in a gracious manner.

I should stop reading their blogs. Although they increase my urgency to write towards women about things women should be hearing, their incredible pessimism and outlashing makes me want to stay silent.

Here's the deal. Titus 2:3-5 says this:
Likewise, teach the older women to be reverent in the way they live, not to be slanderers or addicted to much wine, but to teach what is good. Then they can train the younger women to love their husbands and children, to be self-controlled and pure, to be busy at home, to be kind, and to be subject to their husbands, so that no one will malign the word of God.


I have a strong desire to be involved in women's ministries. My inability to connect with the leadership or mentors within a church has (hopefully temporarily) confined me to the blog. So, for now, this is where I'll be.

I'm not perfect. I'm still young. But very few women have stepped up to teach me how to be a loving wife and mother except my own mother. So, as I learn, I will teach. As I teach, I will learn.

And hopefully, I can make a difference in the lives of those who read. But most of all, I hope that the words I speak are words from God. To bring glory to him is the chief aim.

So...I will write when I recover the compassion that has been lost while reading uncompassionate blogs.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

If your eye offends you, pluck it out. I agree you should avoid MRA blogs. Someone really trashed you out on one, so I came looking to see what you were about.

To my surprise, you were not the ogre they painted you. You are even one of the few people (not just women; those PK guys have really messed things up) who understands that men can only lead if a wife submits. Hurrah for you! Most Christian pastors I know can't seem to understand that.

At the same time, after some thought and reading your various postings, I can see where they are coming from.

Tonight, I am only going to point out one thing. When you apparently went to male blogs and took them to task, you were attempting to teach men. Think about it.

Many men are indeed very angry today, after 40 years of misandry. Perhaps ideally they would not be angry, but in an ideal situation, men would not be treated the way they are being treated.

So, my suggestion is if their anger bothers you, don't go there. Your chances of changing their views are miniscule. Is this a case of casting seed on barren ground?

Anonymous age 66